Monday, March 9, 2009

We never saw the Tornado kick...

Last night we went to see "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li".  For me it had a hype rating of 'watch if it's on TV and there's nothing on DVR' but Derk wanted to see it and I was sitting around doing nothing.  Like I said before, I will watch just about anything.

Everybody remembers Chun Li as the little Chinese girl in the Street Fighter games who does all the spinning kicks and made that crazy sound when she was knocked out.  You know, the one where the game designers confused the sound of agony with some incredible super orgasm....But for some reason, Capcom decided to make a B movie (Derk said it was a D) surrounding Chun Li's quest to find her dad.  I guess they thought if they put in a hot girl with some underdone fight scenes and a couple of the characters from the video games they 
could get an audience.

Well, I think they got the first part right cuz Kristin Kreuk (you might remember her if you watch Smallville, but I remembered her distinctly as the girl that "SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW, SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW" about in Eurotrip)
 was kicking ass.  But they bombed horribly on the second part.  I only remember Balrog, Bison and Vega in the movie.  Bison was nowhere as authentic as Raul Julia in the original movie, Michael Clark Duncan didn't have the nappy head, cutoff hoody or the boxing gloves, and unless there is a cage, I'm not feeling anything to do with Vega.  I knew this but Derk apparently thought it was going to be more so he was a little disappointed. 

The movie was horribly, agonizing to watch (besides Miss Kreuk) but about 3/4 of the way through the movie reel also decided how horrible it was and decided to melt.  And yes, it does make that sound LOL.  We got free complimentary free tickets and the movie also refunded us with about 30 minutes of our time, so I can't be mad.  

Hey, maybe if the movie had went on the rest of the gang would have showed up and we would have had some "Tiger Uppercuts" and "Hirukens" but I'm guessing the end would have sucked too.  So I'm going to match the movie with the hype.  Wait till it comes on TV, and after you have already watched everything else on your DVR.

Movie rating: 'Fail'


No comments:

Post a Comment