Friday, April 3, 2009

Same Fast, Same Furious...and don't you ever question my movie fanaticism!

The summer movie season has kicked off! Usually it's first week in May but I think you had to put this one in there.

Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are back in Fast & Furious. No, this is not The Fast and the Furious 4, it's Fast & Furious and that's for good reason. Because...it's the same movie as the first one. Fast cars, a bunch of chicks, a bad guy that is using fast cars for nefarious purposes and no story or plot line to follow.

I'm sorry for the people I didn't tell I was going. This movie had a personal hype rating of "Damn gotta see that" and I was going to cool it and watch it sometime over the weekend but my peoples wanted to kick off the season right. I was actually laying in the bed sleep when Aaron called and said they were up there. I initially gave it a 'meh' I'm going back to sleep in which I was then sent a text message

Aaron: "Mace says you don't deserve a blog"
Ralph: "Tell him fuck him save my seat"

Really now? NOBODY calls out my love of movies. I am the king of movies as I show everytime we crack out the Scene it on the Xbox and I beat everybody by like double. Yeah Berto got me once but the next game I punished him. Because that's what I do. I know movies.

So if anybody wants to call me out about my movie fandom, I challenge you to come over the crib (Fort Totten it's on the red line) and put your skills where your mouth is. That includes you too, Mace!

In fact, I'm calling out Mace right now. Come see me in Scene it get bust like everybody else. I'll beat you so bad, you won't ever feel right the next time you watch Top Gun. You'll be like "Damn, I thought I was Maverick....but it turns out I'm Goose".

I'll beat you so bad, next time they'll have to replace your name with mine when it comes to winning. You could be playing your little sister in Connect Four:

Mace: "Ralph wins"
Little sister: "Huh"
Mace: "Oh sorry. Ralph beat me so bad in Scene it, he owns all my personal accomplishments"

Yeah...challenge issued. Don't ever question my marriage with movies.

So for the rest of the movie rating....I can't give it a bad rating because it is what you thought it was going to be and I'm a firm believer that you should have the right expectations for a movie when you step in the theater. If you go a James Bond movie looking for believeable action scenes well that was your fault because we all know James Bond can run through 30 people shooting, not get hit while carrying a martini and never messing up his suit. In the same way, you know the F & F is just an orgy of intense dangerous races, modified rice burners vs. suped up American muscle, and hot girl drivers. So for the movie rating from my man Dennis Green: 'THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE" but saying that it could have been better. I mean suprise me with I don't know, a story or something.

I need a little bit more for my weekend so I'm thinking about seeing Adventureland maybe tonight or sometime this weekend. Anybody down?

1 comment:

  1. i still don't understand what is the appeal of Vin Diesel

    ReplyDelete